Can't find leak anywhere

Leaks in the pool, plumbing, filtration system, skimmer, ...
Finding & repairing swimming pool leaks.
BJH
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Concrete in ground pool - salt chlorinated approx 45k litres

Can't find leak anywhere

Postby BJH » Sat 07 Oct, 2017 20:18

Hi, I'm at a loss. I have inground saltwater pool approximately 45000 litres. The water level drops dramatically overnight and stops about half a foot under the skimmer. I have had all pipes pressure tested and there is no leeks. I have had return pipes replaced as well. I had the plug at the bottom replaced. I emptied the pool and had potential cracks revealed, however the same thing is happening. Any advice from anyone would be grateful thanks

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Can't find leak anywhere

Postby Teapot » Thu 19 Oct, 2017 10:05

This tricky from the view of my PC, especially as you have had professionals in to diagnose.
Do you have a light in the pool?
Looking at the level it stops leaking at (it does stop leaking if left two nights?) does that level correspond with anything else like the pump for example?
Despite having lines tested can you plug them and see what happens?
Ethan Miller
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: my pool is a small pool that have a noise on it i just want to have same tips on how to lessen the noise

Postby Ethan Miller » Thu 08 Feb, 2018 23:24

Some plumbing leaks are easy to find. If you have a leaking faucet or fractured pipe, you’ll be able to see it. Unfortunately, these aren’t the only leaks your home plumbing can spring. Sometimes, it can be hard to know you have a leak at all.

These “invisible” leaks waste money and water, but because you can’t see them, you won’t even know they’re there. Worse, if a leak goes unrepaired, it could spread or even rupture. Not only would that totally compromise your plumbing, it could make for a really expensive repair.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Fri 09 Feb, 2018 03:19

Ethan Miller wrote:Some plumbing leaks are easy to find. If you have a leaking faucet or fractured pipe, you’ll be able to see it. Unfortunately, these aren’t the only leaks your home plumbing can spring. Sometimes, it can be hard to know you have a leak at all.

These “invisible” leaks waste money and water, but because you can’t see them, you won’t even know they’re there. Worse, if a leak goes unrepaired, it could spread or even rupture. Not only would that totally compromise your plumbing, it could make for a really expensive repair.

What a load of crap. Why bother to state the obvious

Return to “Swimming Pool Leaks”