Pool leak has me flummoxed

Leaks in the pool, plumbing, filtration system, skimmer, ...
Finding & repairing swimming pool leaks.
Oztravels
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Tiled 13x3x2m

Pool leak has me flummoxed

Postby Oztravels » Sun 20 May, 2018 21:40

Background: 3 year old concrete tiled pool. Pool is built on excavated anapog which is basically lime/coral. No soil and no ground water.

So about a week ago our pool 13mx3mx1.6m approx start leaking.

This happened before but in that instance it was a light conduit that got fixed. This time the water level kept dropping and dropping. When I realised it was below all the returns I then drained the pool.

Then I saw about 6 places where water was seeping back into the pool. In one place it was actually a stream of water for about 10 minutes. The stream stopped but the seeping continued for several days. I got a tiler in to re grout using epoxy I bought. Even with the re grout there is still water seeping in in 2 places. The thing I don’t understand is where the water is coming from? There are no pipes in the area and we don’t have ground water. I’m hoping the 2 seeps left will dry out enough to hold the epoxy before I refill but I’m worried I have a bigger problem.

Has anyone experienced something similar? Any help would be appropriate.

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Pool leak has me flummoxed

Postby Denniswiseman » Mon 21 May, 2018 02:38

If you have no ground water then the water coming back into the pool is the water that leaked out
The fact that you have six places leaking is more of a problem
Being as water seeks it's own level you need to excavate to below the pool floor and pump the water out from there
I doubt the re-grout will cure the problem as the leak is in the concrete shell. You may have to lift all the tiles to find it
An alternative is to fibreglass the shell
Oztravels
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Tiled 13x3x2m

Re: Pool leak has me flummoxed

Postby Oztravels » Mon 21 May, 2018 03:56

Thank you for your response. You have confirmed my fears.

Return to “Swimming Pool Leaks”