How to repair a leak under concrete in swimjet inlet pipes

Leaks in the pool, plumbing, filtration system, skimmer, ...
Finding & repairing swimming pool leaks.
lukeau
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: ~10 000 L jellybean shaped fiberglass pool
Indoor, house built around existing pool
Main drain not connected
Skimmer goes to filter and to solar pool heating via separate pump
4 inlets go to 2 swim jets with separate pumps

How to repair a leak under concrete in swimjet inlet pipes

Postby lukeau » Mon 17 Sep, 2018 01:43

Hi All,

I have a leak in my indoor pool. I let the water level naturally settle and the only thing below the water level seemed to be the swimjet inlets. It has four inlets at the pool, and putting a hose back through both the swimjet pump inlet I know they connected together. They go to two pumps that are above the pool level. The main drain is below the water level but I don't believe the main drain is connected to anything as the water level seemed to settle at a certain level.

I plan to use the "fix a leek" stuff to try and block the leak because the pipes run under concrete and a wall supporting the second story so I cant dig it up. However the instructions say to run the pool pumps and if its in the inlet pipes to try and run them reverse? e.g. put positive pressure in the pipe with the leak.
I cant think how to do this in my case, so I was going to block the inlets at the pool side and fill the pipe up from the pump side. I would not achieve any pressure but hopefully the leak will draw enough water through it to work?

Open to better ideas?

The pool is currently drained (apparently this was a bad idea, but its done..) and I plan to paint it with a gelcoat - see my thread in Building, Construction & Rebuilds

Thanks,
Luke

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: How to repair a leak under concrete in swimjet inlet pipes

Postby Teapot » Tue 18 Sep, 2018 00:35

No pressure in the pipes means you won't be forcing the seal a leak out through the holes so it won't work. If you do use it in the system make sure you run Only In Recirculate or you'll end up with a solid filter.
Personally, I think you need a Pro with the correct kit.

Return to “Swimming Pool Leaks”