American Leak detection

Leaks in the pool, plumbing, filtration system, skimmer, ...
Finding & repairing swimming pool leaks.
kelly from AZ

American Leak detection

Postby kelly from AZ » Thu 28 Dec, 2006 18:35

Called them they want $450 to find the leak so I'm going to try food coloring with some fishtank air hose attached to a stick so I can put it where I think the leak is. I'm still looking for other leak detection compaies but they are far and few between I see why they get so much. They told me they plug all my pipes and pressure test each one. Then use sonar to find leaks in the pool liner.

dynamictiger
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: one of them is 713,342 gallons
I look after lots and lots

Postby dynamictiger » Fri 29 Dec, 2006 06:31

Be great if it worked. Unfortunately most of teh time it doesn't.

Where do you think your leak is and why?

Postby Guest » Sun 31 Dec, 2006 21:19

I think it's a rip-off if you asked me. I woud start isolating your pool fixtures such as lights,skimmers & ...so on. There is no choice but to go under water for this procedure with your mask on. You are not going to see anything from above water level. Do the dye test see what you find .
Kelly from az

leak

Postby Kelly from az » Wed 03 Jan, 2007 18:57

Looks like the leak is either in my bottom drain to skimmer pipe where it attaches to the bottom of the skimmer, or in the light fixture. I drained it below the light and it stopped leaking. I'm thinking the conduit is leaking behind the fixure or the fixture it self where the light bolts into. Which make me very happy because I can fix this cheaper then I thought. I have about 10 pop ups in the bottom and if any of those were it would not be good.
dynamictiger
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: one of them is 713,342 gallons
I look after lots and lots

Postby dynamictiger » Wed 03 Jan, 2007 23:24

Great you found the most likely source. Now if the fix is as simple you are done.

Return to “Swimming Pool Leaks”