Can surface pitting cause leaking?

Leaks in the pool, plumbing, filtration system, skimmer, ...
Finding & repairing swimming pool leaks.
SA Swimmer

Can surface pitting cause leaking?

Postby SA Swimmer » Wed 02 May, 2007 09:09

Hello again!
I'm not getting any further with finding the source of my leak. One thing I've found that might be my problem is that the concrete surface of my pool (walls) is quite badly pitted. One of the websites I read (admittedly selling some kind of epoxy coating) said that pitting can cause leaking.

having done all the tests, including dye tests, I am no closer to finding the source of my leak. It is dropping 1" overnight on a still night, in Autumn (Fall) - ie. the air is cold and wet.

My logic says if that volume of water is leaking (in a 3.7m x 6.8m pool!) that I would have really wet ground around the pool, if it was leaking from one place. Is my logic then right to say if it's leaking through many small pits, I wouldn't notice the wetness?

I really haven't a clue what else to try (see my previous post, I've done all the tests I can think of!!)

Any ideas please?
Thanks

chrisinspring

Postby chrisinspring » Wed 02 May, 2007 15:13

Has the system been pressure tested? This is why American Leak Detection charges $350 to look for leaks and it takes a few hours (not including parts & repair).
SA Swimmer

Postby SA Swimmer » Mon 07 May, 2007 06:40

I'm in South Africa and cannot find anyone here who does the pressure testing unfortunately! Any other suggestions?

Postby Guest » Thu 10 May, 2007 23:42

chrisinspring wrote:Has the system been pressure tested? This is why American Leak Detection charges $350 to look for leaks and it takes a few hours (not including parts & repair).
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Postby Guest » Thu 10 May, 2007 23:50

you need to process of isolation. 1st. drop your water line just below skimmer. does water still go down? Then drop your water line just below return fitting. Does it still go down? IF IT DOES DROP YOUR WATER LINE BELOW POOL LIGHT. THIS WAY YOU LEAST NARROWED DOWN TO AREA.

Postby Guest » Fri 11 May, 2007 00:18

Anonymous wrote:
chrisinspring wrote:Has the system been pressure tested? This is why American Leak Detection charges $350 to look for leaks and it takes a few hours (not including parts & repair).
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
RIP-OFF !!!!

Return to “Swimming Pool Leaks”