Pool leaking

Leaks in the pool, plumbing, filtration system, skimmer, ...
Finding & repairing swimming pool leaks.
1st time owner

Pool leaking

Postby 1st time owner » Mon 28 May, 2007 20:44

We had a 16'x24' above ground pool installed last June and hd no issue at all last year. Over the winter I noticed the cover had gone done more than expected. I opened the pool 3 days ago an had to put in about a foot of water.
Over the last two days I noticed one area of the yard is getting wetter by the day. My guess is I have a leak, but how do you find it and how do you fix it?

Buggsw
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Buggsw » Fri 01 Jun, 2007 01:23

Get in the water with a snorkel/mask and look for the leak over in the area where your yard is wet. You may also notice that the sand underneath the liner may have channeled under the area where your leak is. I saw someone post they threw in a few paper towels and the suction from the leak sucked the towel/s to the spot. I've seen others say they used red food coloring around the seams and watched where the coloring gravitated to.

There is a product I've seen mentioned called Marlig Fix a Leak that you pour in the water to repair really small leaks (up to 1/8" hole). I don't own a vinyl pool so have never used it.

Otherwise, there are patches you use called wet patches that you apply to the tear. There are other sealants that work under the water, as well.
Jen

Re: Pool leaking

Postby Jen » Tue 19 Jan, 2016 16:31

Marlig themselves told me fix a leak is a temp measure. I have their email. Broke my heart actually as can't afford repairer and no idea how to do myself

Return to “Swimming Pool Leaks”