Draining a vinyl liner pool question

Leaks in the pool, plumbing, filtration system, skimmer, ...
Finding & repairing swimming pool leaks.
Wareaglederek
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 18x36 Grecian vinyl liner in ground

Draining a vinyl liner pool question

Postby Wareaglederek » Wed 13 Mar, 2019 17:11

I have an 18x36 vinyl liner pool needing a new liner. I have a company coming to replace it but they have to order the liner and then it will be 2 weeks after that before they can get me on their schedule. So I’m looking at maybe 3-4 weeks. Problem is I just found a new tear in the shallow end at the bottom in one of the corners. I found it because the water level dropped about 4 inches last night and I knew there was a problem. So my question is this.....will it hurt anything if I go ahead and turn off the power and start draining the pool and just let it sit empty until they replace it? At least to get the water level below the tear? Thanks in advance for any advice. Sorry for the long post.

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Draining a vinyl liner pool question

Postby Denniswiseman » Fri 15 Mar, 2019 04:39

If the pool is leaking just let it go. If you have a high water table the water will only drain down as far as the water table (water seeks it's own level)
Water table is the most important thing to consider when draining

Return to “Swimming Pool Leaks”