New Homeowner with a leaky pool

Leaks in the pool, plumbing, filtration system, skimmer, ...
Finding & repairing swimming pool leaks.
rachaelheil24
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: I have a oval pool. Goes from about 4 feet deep to 8 feet deep. It is a chlorine pool.

New Homeowner with a leaky pool

Postby rachaelheil24 » Wed 22 May, 2019 11:46

Good afternoon! I just bought my house last year and the pool in my backyard has caused nothing but trouble. For starters, it only has one output on the side of the pool and the input/ where i put my vacuum hose is under the bucket. We have been unable to keep any water about the output pipe, so i know there is a leak there. My pool has concrete about 2 feet around the edge of the pool, so in order to dig up the pipe it looks like i will have to dig up concrete. It looks like it has already been done too by the previous owner. So their fix didn't work. Has anyone dug up concrete around their pool before and replaced a pipe leading to the filter? What tools do i need to use? I don't have thousands to spend on paying someone to do it. So hoping for a DIY fix.
Thanks!

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: New Homeowner with a leaky pool

Postby Teapot » Thu 23 May, 2019 10:33

Dug loads due to movement usually. Hate to admit it but I have to one on mine soon.
An electric concrete breaker can be hired to remove the concrete. Then you need to dig out the soil/backfill. Take a look a Fernco flexible coupling if you can't get full access. Anderson also make a leaking fitting repair that slips inside a return VB jet but they are not cheap

Return to “Swimming Pool Leaks”