Can’t find Intex Ultra Frame Leak

Leaks in the pool, plumbing, filtration system, skimmer, ...
Finding & repairing swimming pool leaks.
kiki_413
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Intex Ultra Frame Salt Water System Pool

Can’t find Intex Ultra Frame Leak

Postby kiki_413 » Tue 28 May, 2019 12:44

:wave: Hello all I’m a newbie.
We have an Intex Ultra Frame pool. It’s big, I forgot the exact size. We made it a salt water pool, we got it three years ago and loved it. Used it every day.
Last summer we noticed that the water kept going down. So I wasted almost $300 refilling it to try to find where it was leaking from. Never was able to find it so we missed out on half of a summer in our pool.
My husband is not at all handy so it’s on me to figure this out. So here I am, looking to the pool gods for some advice! I can’t afford a new 600$ liner. So I’m hoping this is fixable.
After snow, rain, it always goes down to the same line. So this tells me it’s above the water line. I’ve searched, felt all along the liner. I see/feel nothing. The line, of course, is below the pump hoses so I can’t run the filter to clean the water. Please help! ❤️

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Can’t find Intex Ultra Frame Leak

Postby Teapot » Wed 29 May, 2019 04:16

The leak can't be above the water line. The water leak is usually at the level where the water stops leaking.

Return to “Swimming Pool Leaks”