Pool is leaking through backwash...NEED HELP!!

Leaks in the pool, plumbing, filtration system, skimmer, ...
Finding & repairing swimming pool leaks.
Tuna5
I'm new here
I'm new here

Pool is leaking through backwash...NEED HELP!!

Postby Tuna5 » Sat 30 Jun, 2007 16:12

Ok, so we opened our pool not to long ago and it started to leak out of the backwash valve (Aboveground pool). We bought a new Multi Valve System for our filter and it didnt fit. So we put the 7 select thingy on to the old one and the little nobs that the 2 hoses go into on the old one. It fit like a charm and didnt leak. But we started to clean the pool and what do you know, it leaked. So I post this topic to ask...Why is this happening and what can we do to fix it!!

Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Re: Pool is leaking through backwash...NEED HELP!!

Postby Backglass » Sun 01 Jul, 2007 21:09

Tuna5 wrote:Ok, so we opened our pool not to long ago and it started to leak out of the backwash valve (Aboveground pool). We bought a new Multi Valve System for our filter and it didnt fit. So we put the 7 select thingy on to the old one and the little nobs that the 2 hoses go into on the old one. It fit like a charm and didnt leak. But we started to clean the pool and what do you know, it leaked. So I post this topic to ask...Why is this happening and what can we do to fix it!!

Your post is confusing. Are you using the new multi-valve or not? What is "the old one"?
macd0g
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby macd0g » Wed 10 Oct, 2007 14:49

not really sure what you did with the old/new one, but you could cut the waste line (assuming it is rigid pipe) and insert a ball valve (about £15 or so)

it you have a hose type backwash line, do the same thing,but put the hose on after the ball valve using a hosetail fitting and a jubilee clip.
let us know how you get on
Roland

Pool draining from backwash outlet if valve is on Filter

Postby Roland » Tue 11 Dec, 2007 04:53

My pool water is draining from backwash outlet pipe if the valve is on the filter position. I have replaced the valve as the initial valve selector handle was faulty as I thought that was the problem.

How do I overcome this as my pool is green because the motor is not running?
mr_clean
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby mr_clean » Tue 11 Dec, 2007 11:22

My pool water is draining from backwash outlet pipe if the valve is on the filter position. I have replaced the valve as the initial valve selector handle was faulty as I thought that was the problem.

How do I overcome this as my pool is green because the motor is not running?

sorry in a hurry check this outhere should help you fix problem.

Return to “Swimming Pool Leaks”