Water Loss From Leak

Leaks in the pool, plumbing, filtration system, skimmer, ...
Finding & repairing swimming pool leaks.
tgodon
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Foxx Pools lagoon shaped with steps and Buddy Seat. 41' long and about 29,000 gallons. Hayward sand filter. Pool was originally installed in 2005.

Water Loss From Leak

Postby tgodon » Fri 24 Jul, 2020 14:34

We have been losing a little over an inch of water a day in our pool for a while. Today when I was getting ready to plug the lines to get a measurement of water loss over 24 hours without the pool running I discovered a circular cut on the wall of the liner. The cut is about 3/4" across and about what would be 1/3 of a circle. Would a cut this size be the source of losing a little over an inch of water a day? From what I have read, even a small hole could easily cause the amount of water loss we are seeing but it does not specify if that is a hole in the wall or one at the bottom of the pool. Any info & experience you could share would be appreciated. I have installed a patch over the cut and have marked the water level again to test for water loss during normal operation over the next 24 hours. I am really hoping I found the cause and do not have the expense of bringing in a leak detection company.

Pool Information: Foxx Pools Lagoon shaped. 41 feel in length, 29,000 gallons. Installed in 2005, liner replaced in 2015.

tgodon
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Foxx Pools lagoon shaped with steps and Buddy Seat. 41' long and about 29,000 gallons. Hayward sand filter. Pool was originally installed in 2005.

UPDATE... Water Loss From Leak

Postby tgodon » Sun 26 Jul, 2020 09:34

Found the leak. It was a 3/4" semi-circle cut in the liner on a wall. Since patching it 2 days ago we've had no water loss.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Water Loss From Leak

Postby Denniswiseman » Sun 26 Jul, 2020 11:33

That's great to hear
Thanks for posting back as it may help others

Return to “Swimming Pool Leaks”