Leak in gunite

Leaks in the pool, plumbing, filtration system, skimmer, ...
Finding & repairing swimming pool leaks.
rl514
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 15k gallon in-ground pool with waterfall.

Leak in gunite

Postby rl514 » Mon 08 Feb, 2021 14:25

I am having our pool re-plastered and the re-plaster company drained and demo'd all the old plaster off the pool, leaving the gunite in preparation to apply the new plaster. The issue I am having is that it appears that in ground water keeps leaking through the gunite in a few places: 1) under the wall suction covers and the light, 2) through the bottom of the pool where they drilled holes in the bottom to relieve pressure, and 3) up through the main floor drain and the spa floor drain.

I purchased a small pump to pump the standing water out of the pool, but each day it slowly fills back up around the main drain, and the walls of the pool near the suction covers and lights along with the drilled holes consistently have water that is coming through.

Does anyone have an idea of what might be causing this? I know there was a leak prior to the replaster company coming, and they said that once drained and demo'd, they would be able to identify the source of the leak, and they believe it is coming from the light niche. But, there still looks like a lot of water coming from under the ground since the holes have water in them. Any thoughts of what I can do? They said they cannot replaster while it is still wet.

Thank you.

Return to “Swimming Pool Leaks”