Unknown Leak

Leaks in the pool, plumbing, filtration system, skimmer, ...
Finding & repairing swimming pool leaks.
BOLING
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Concrete bottom, fiberglass walls, salt water

Unknown Leak

Postby BOLING » Tue 19 Oct, 2021 10:15

Hello. Two consecutive years of a leak that cannot be found. Local pool company has repeatedly injected dye and pasted to no avail. Hired a professional leak detection company that could not find anything significant. I finally just let the water drop to see how low it would go in hopes of it stopping where a leak would be. It stopped just under where the wall meets the base at the corner. I’m in the process of using pool putty myself around the entire corner and seams. I took a picture of a problem area but don’t see a way to upload anything so if someone wants to take a look and give me an opinion on what it could be, I’d appreciate it. Thanks!

Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: Unknown Leak

Postby Teapot1 » Wed 20 Oct, 2021 02:30

When I build a pool I use a water bar sealer (bentonite) compound to seal up the junction but most don't snd its a common place for a leak. Even on liner pools as I have seen rust stains from the rebar showing on the liners.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Unknown Leak

Postby Denniswiseman » Wed 20 Oct, 2021 05:17

Where you write a post
Click Full Editor & Preview
Click Attachments
Click Add Files or you can drag and drop

Return to “Swimming Pool Leaks”