Air in Pump - when using KreepyKrawly

Leaks in the pool, plumbing, filtration system, skimmer, ...
Finding & repairing swimming pool leaks.
nathan8908
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: 50,000L, marblesheen, salt water chlorinated. Brand New AstralPool E25 Chlorinator.

Air in Pump - when using KreepyKrawly

Postby nathan8908 » Sun 14 Nov, 2021 00:15

I am having air intake issues when my kreepy krawly is attached. When the KK is attached and the filter runs, the pump has quite a lot of air inside of it. When the KK is removed (and the white elbow piece) there are no air issues at all.

The white elbow piece has 3 suction levels, and there are issues on all 3. It causes the black flap piece to be sucked inside regardless.

Water levels are fine, the pool is at capacity due to recent rainfalls. I have checked the KK hose and have no air intake or splits at all.

Out of curiosity, what could be wrong? Is there anything else I can try at all? or other suggestions... I have tried to use the additional 2 attachments that came with the KK, but they do not fit to the skimmer box lid.

I have attached 3 files, of the KK & head attachment, and when I run it without the attachment and do not have issues.

I have the KK attached all the time due to leaves and plant life that get blown into the pool.
Attachments
IMG_7609.jpg
IMG_7607.jpg
IMG_7606.jpg

nathan8908
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: 50,000L, marblesheen, salt water chlorinated. Brand New AstralPool E25 Chlorinator.

Re: Air in Pump - when using KreepyKrawly

Postby nathan8908 » Sun 14 Nov, 2021 00:44

I have tried these other attachments but they do not fit... ideas?
Attachments
IMG_7613.jpg
Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Postby Teapot1 » Sun 14 Nov, 2021 03:28

Can't help with the issues as I gave up on these gadgets a long time ago, prefer manual cleaning, quicker, more accurate and hundreds cheaper.
If you are running your filter 24 hours and therefore skimming the surface isnt that catching the leaves or are you prefering to alow the leaves to sink and then try to remove them with the KK?
KK pressure pump + filtration pump uses how much power compared to just the filtration?
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Sun 14 Nov, 2021 04:01

You have a suction side air leak, very likely around the pump. When vacuuming you put an extra load on the pump and a very small air leak which isn't noticed normally will become exagerated
The most obvious place is the pump basket "O" ring, lubricate it with silicon grease

Return to “Swimming Pool Leaks”