pool leak

Leaks in the pool, plumbing, filtration system, skimmer, ...
Finding & repairing swimming pool leaks.
bcoll
I'm new here
I'm new here

pool leak

Postby bcoll » Fri 22 Feb, 2008 09:33

I just had a pool built ,in-ground /concrete etc. Have noticed a huge loss of water approx. 1-1/2 to 2 inches per day. My concern is w/ the supposed hydrostatic valve the pool co. put in . For one thing it looked like a PVC pipe coupling ,there was no perf. pipe put in , no pot , no gravel - the water was coming in like a natural spring - so the workers dumped in approx. 100lbs. of hydrolic cement and placed the supposed valve in the middle . ( of course I don't build pools and didn't do my homework about these hydrostatic valves till now ) I guess my question is if the leak is coming from the area where the valve is what should I have the company do to fix this problem ?
have leak detection company fix it and if I ever needto drain the pool I 'll have to use the two main drains as a pressure relief ? or are they going to have to bust a hole in the floor and re do it ? Need suggestion . Thanks

Postby Guest » Wed 19 Mar, 2008 19:31

The hydro static valves can be tested with dye and if they are leaking you can seal them. If you need to drain pool remove the sealant. when the pool is drained replace valves.

Return to “Swimming Pool Leaks”