solar evaperates more?

Leaks in the pool, plumbing, filtration system, skimmer, ...
Finding & repairing swimming pool leaks.
secguy
I'm new here
I'm new here

solar evaperates more?

Postby secguy » Fri 18 Apr, 2008 16:53

When I run my Solar the pool looses water faster. I follow all the pipes look at the panels I do not see a leak, but when I run the solar I lose a lot of water more then 2 inches a week. with solar off I loose maybe half inch a week. Is this because the solar evaperates more?
Not sure what else to look at.

chem geek
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Postby chem geek » Fri 18 Apr, 2008 18:34

You've got a leak somewhere even though you don't see it. The use of solar does not cause faster evaporation except from the somewhat higher pool temperature, but that's a small factor and not enough to explain the difference you are seeing.

I don't know what your piping looks like, but perhaps the leak isn't in the panels but in the piping going to/from the panels.

Richard
secguy
I'm new here
I'm new here

reply have full access to all pipes

Postby secguy » Mon 21 Apr, 2008 17:12

This is why I'm stumped I can trace every pipe and joint and see no leaking.

As a matter of fact I had underground pipes back to the panels and re- ran pipes from equipment and still have the same issue.

I re tested normal evaperation with bucket test looks like I lose a quarter inch a day from bucket and pool no solar. With solar maybe another quarter inch from pool.

I live in Socal, so not all that hot out where I live the quarter inch it was about 66 to 75. I do have a water fall from the jacuzzi also, but didnt seem to affect with bucket test.

Return to “Swimming Pool Leaks”