Leak repair concrete pool

Leaks in the pool, plumbing, filtration system, skimmer, ...
Finding & repairing swimming pool leaks.
gilera
I'm new here
I'm new here

Leak repair concrete pool

Postby gilera » Thu 29 May, 2008 07:04

Can anyone suggest the best material for repairing the floor to wall joint to stop water weeping in vaious places when pool is empty. The pool is built on a slope so hydrostatic pressure is not a problem. I just want some product that i can apply all the way round base to make it leak proof and that will set where there is moisture.

dave

concrete pool leak

Postby dave » Sun 13 Jul, 2008 23:51

i am very interested in seeing any response to your issue. i have a 56,000 gallon buckeye pool that is crete on the bottom and has a caulk joint all the way around where it joins to a fiberglass wall. i have been fighting a leak all season and have been using fix-a-leak but it only stops the leak temporarily.
i believe the leak is at this joint but it does not show up with a leak test. right now am leaking about 2500 gallons a day with no dye test showing a big leak. i looked at a butyl tape product but it was only 1/2" wide and that would not cover the old caulk bead. i have spent $2000 so far on water and fix a leak and still leaking. we hired divers to check out the main drains and they say they see no leaks. i truly can feel for you and hope we can both get a reply..dave

Return to “Swimming Pool Leaks”