DE going where no DE should ever go

Leaks in the pool, plumbing, filtration system, skimmer, ...
Finding & repairing swimming pool leaks.
meanirene100

DE going where no DE should ever go

Postby meanirene100 » Tue 24 May, 2005 06:24

help. i seem to have a bit of a problem. i have been getting the seeping of DE from my filter back through my pump and out into the lines when my filter is OFF. when the pool is turned on, there is a discharge of air and DE back into the pool. what could this be from? i have a 18x36 inground pool/DE filter 75/ and an in the line chlorinator, new water system. any suggestions?

Pool Problem Solver

DE problem swimming pool

Postby Pool Problem Solver » Sun 15 Jan, 2006 05:50

Make sure the check valve is working. You may have to service or replace the check valve.

The problem may also be a leak but first eliminate the check valve possibility.
ExplorerFl

Swimming Pool Leaks

Postby ExplorerFl » Thu 02 Feb, 2006 03:52

MeanIrene, my neighbor had a similar problem and had to replace some of the long wands inside the DE filter.

It's not hard but you need to remove the top screws and nuts. Pull the top up and out of the filter and take it to your local supply store to get the parts.

The nylon mesh on my neighbor's unit was bad and the DE stuff was getting through and into the pool.

Postby Guest » Fri 21 Apr, 2006 00:32

if the mesh on the de grids is bad the de goes right through them every time actually it sticks to them till the pump moves the water then the nylon dlaps like a sheet in the wind and throws de backs off

Return to “Swimming Pool Leaks”