Leak at return jet from poor winterization

Leaks in the pool, plumbing, filtration system, skimmer, ...
Finding & repairing swimming pool leaks.
johncraymer
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: large kidney shape ingroung concrete haward pump and filter teledeyne lards heater

Postby johncraymer » Sat 06 Jun, 2009 15:15

I have found a leak in my concrete pool it is on the return at the first tee I pressure tested from t back to filter ok tested from t to second jet ok tested fron t to first jet bad leak . My question . I have 1 1/2 pipes 1 1/2 jet can I get 1 1/4 jet that will fit inside the bad pipe and run a new 1 1/4 line to a 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 x 1 1/4 tee ?

KWEATHER

Postby KWEATHER » Thu 27 Oct, 2011 23:39

I was hoping you got an answer to your post. I have a similar issue crop up within the last week. My pool water level is fine but the spa water level drains down to just below the return jets with the pumps not running. I assume there is a leak somewhere at that level within the spa. However, I did a dye test on it after filling the spa and didn't appear that the dye was going out of the spa.
ChuckGeo
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby ChuckGeo » Mon 31 Oct, 2011 14:45

John,
A ! 1/4" pipe won't fit in 1 1/2" pipe, you'll need to use 1" or 3/4" pipe and a 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" tee with bushings to reduce to 1" or 3/4". Keep in mind that you probably won't be able to find a return jet to fit anything but 1 1/2" pipe so you'll end up with the end of the pipe as the return fitting.

Kweather,
Recommend you open a new thread and include the amount of loss from the spa, set to spa mode, in inches, over 24 hours with the pump on and the loss over 24 hours with the pump off.
Chuck
Owner, Superior Pool Services
25 years leak detection experience

Return to “Swimming Pool Leaks”