Zinserr paint on old concrete pool?

Tile, mosaic, marbelite, Marcite, Marblesheen,
fiberglass, plaster, shotcrete, paint, epoxy coatings.
Use, care and repair of the various surfaces.
MarkW
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Circular, 25 ft x 6 ft deep, continuous fresh water flow through

Zinserr paint on old concrete pool?

Postby MarkW » Mon 15 May, 2017 16:26

Need pool paint advice for an unusual situation:

I have acquired an old pool that came with an old house, both very remote (rural, no codes) and very rustic. The pool is below ground concrete, more than 50 years old, and still structurally sound. It has obviously been painted in the past, but most of the paint is gone and I intend to pressure wash the rest into oblivion.

I have an unlimited supply of gravity flow fresh water, and intend to let water flow into and out of the pool continuously during the swimming season, so no chemicals, and the location of the pool is such that outflow and seepage (if there is any) do not pose a problem. So more of a pond than a pool, but yes I plan to swim in it.

I do not need to impress anyone, not looking for a House Beautiful award , but it would look a bit nicer with a coat of paint over the raw concrete. My thought is to use cheap Zinsser pool paint (oil base), apply probably two coats, and call it good.

If anyone has any experience or constructive advice on this plan, especially the painting part, I am open to suggestions. And thanks in advance. M.

Return to “Pool Surface Discussions”