New pool paint peeling... anyway to save?

Tile, mosaic, marbelite, Marcite, Marblesheen,
fiberglass, plaster, shotcrete, paint, epoxy coatings.
Use, care and repair of the various surfaces.
Lates

New pool paint peeling... anyway to save?

Postby Lates » Thu 11 Sep, 2008 16:55

Hi all... I hope someone can help me.

I recently moved into a new house with an in-ground concrete pool. Walls of the pool are tiled while the previous occupiers painted the bottom. When we bought the place we knew the pool needed a re-paint.

3-4 months ago we re-painted the pool using System 10 Poolpaint. The guy that did it sand blasted first and seemed to follow instructions fully.

My problem is that in one area of the pool over the last week or so the paint has bobbled up and in one spot has come away all together. My question ... is there anyway I can stop the problem before it gets so bad that the pool has to be drained and the area re-painted.... or is it a case of waiting until it gets so bad it HAS to be done.

This is my first pool and am very much in at the deep end so any advice is welcome.

jswanson
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 45,000 Litre Fibreglass in-ground, Salt-Chlorinated

Re: New pool paint peeling... anyway to save?

Postby jswanson » Sat 16 Dec, 2017 19:23

what a great community. really answered Lates' question here...
here he is 10 years on still wondering what to do with his peeling paint issue in his pool.

and here I come across this page via google looking for an answer to the same issue just to see '0 replies'

what a great lot of help you mob are.
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Sun 17 Dec, 2017 04:38

Who knows what was occurring 10 years ago, who really cares? You are here now and you have an issue. Drop the attitude, explain some more of the problem and lets see.
We are a group of pool owners and some of us are pool engineers, what we are not is paid customer service.

Please and thank you also goes a long way where I come from.
crzypatsfan
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby crzypatsfan » Sun 22 Jul, 2018 19:37

I am having the same problem. It was painted before we moved in. Now there are lots of bubbles and a big spot where the paint keeps chilli g and getting bigger.. Now my pump stopped working.. Thinking about filling it in with dirt..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Mon 23 Jul, 2018 06:52

Yep fill it in! Pool paint is rubbish, all of it.

Return to “Pool Surface Discussions”