Pebble Tec gone bad!!!!

Tile, mosaic, marbelite, Marcite, Marblesheen,
fiberglass, plaster, shotcrete, paint, epoxy coatings.
Use, care and repair of the various surfaces.
Charlesmiano
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Inground, 30’ x 15’ x 5’. Variable pump

Pebble Tec gone bad!!!!

Postby Charlesmiano » Thu 10 Jan, 2019 17:49

I purchased a new home recently in a new development. The home came with a pool. When I came to walk through I noticed the pebble tec looked a bit off. The developers are arguing with me stating it is just normal. I've seen a lot of pools and it does not look normal to me? It is hard(er) to discern in the day as the sunlight can hide a lot of issues. However, I took the video at night (you can view at the URL below) and I would love to hear any feedback on this. Am i crazy or is this just a terrible pebble tec job?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pxw9qzzu8x7so ... c.MOV?dl=0

Please help if you know what you're talking about I could use the candor and support.

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Pebble Tec gone bad!!!!

Postby Denniswiseman » Fri 11 Jan, 2019 07:31

I'm not an expert on different finishes but it doesn't look good to me
I would be inclined to get advice from pebble tec expert or company to verify your concerns to back up your complaint with the developers
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Fri 11 Jan, 2019 12:18

Does look a bit patchy, for some real advice I would contact Kim Skinner, he's an expert on this subject.
http://www.poolhelp.com/home/about/kim-skinner/
Charlesmiano
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Inground, 30’ x 15’ x 5’. Variable pump

Postby Charlesmiano » Fri 11 Jan, 2019 14:37

I have a local pool construction person coming in a couple of weeks. The pool is in Cabo San Lucas so not easy to get an expert out here without a lot of money involved. So I’m using this to get feedback. Primarily to ensure I’m not crazy really. I appreciate both of your replies.
PWO
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Free form pool with spillover hot tub. 16,000 gallons. Jandy pump, Jandy cartridge filter, Jandy gas heater, PLC 1400 salt cell with Aqua link.

Postby PWO » Tue 15 Jan, 2019 10:31

If the pool was filled from the shallow end and the fill water flows to the deep end it will leave stains in the bottom. Always fill from the deep end and fill completely. Looks to me as the pool water was filled incorrecly.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Tue 15 Jan, 2019 18:06

PWO wrote:If the pool was filled from the shallow end and the fill water flows to the deep end it will leave stains in the bottom. Always fill from the deep end and fill completely. Looks to me as the pool water was filled incorrecly.

I think you're talking rubbish
PWO
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Free form pool with spillover hot tub. 16,000 gallons. Jandy pump, Jandy cartridge filter, Jandy gas heater, PLC 1400 salt cell with Aqua link.

Postby PWO » Thu 17 Jan, 2019 15:33

I sure don't clame to be an expert, this is what I was told when I just filled my pool. I was also told to brush frequent in the first weeks. Sorry I chimed in.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Postby Denniswiseman » Fri 18 Jan, 2019 05:13

PWO wrote:I sure don't clame to be an expert, this is what I was told when I just filled my pool. I was also told to brush frequent in the first weeks. Sorry I chimed in.

Don't feel that we are trying to rubbish you as any help can be useful but some things are just wrong and repeated because some one (a so called expert) told them
With a new Gunite plaster regular pool brushing is required for the first two weeks, which opens the pores of the plaster to allow proper curing it also removes any loose plaster dust.
Your TA and pH will also rise and need to be checked frequently to keep the pool balanced
This is why we recommend your own FAS/DPD test kit (strips and pool stores are widely inaccurate)
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Fri 18 Jan, 2019 14:44

With a fresh plaster surface it is better to start with a high TA level as this produces sodium hydroxide a very hard and water tight surface. Once properly cited the TA can be reduced in line with the LSI index figures. Ph is not very important as posted in my other thread when stabilised chlorine is being used. Personally I would avoid brushing until the surface has cured.

Return to “Pool Surface Discussions”