White plaster or Pebble Tec in Massachusetts?

Tile, mosaic, marbelite, Marcite, Marblesheen,
fiberglass, plaster, shotcrete, paint, epoxy coatings.
Use, care and repair of the various surfaces.
whitestar19
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 20k mountain lake gunite pool

White plaster or Pebble Tec in Massachusetts?

Postby whitestar19 » Wed 14 Apr, 2021 12:28

Hello! I'm Joe, new here, and newish to pools. I have a smallish 20k mountain lake chlorine gunite electric heated pool that gets a LOT of sun. I have a quote for white plaster for $7000, and Pebble Tec for $10,800. I can't do ecofinish since the plaster is too bad. I live north of Boston. I decided to go with white plaster but I am starting to regret it after speaking with another pool company... should I regret it? Is Pebble Tech really worth an extra $3,800?

I know it's "better" hence the price, but considering I believe the pool might have been last plastered when it was made in 1979 (maybe it was one other time after that, 90's...?), I think it's held up pretty well so maybe I can get 20 years out of it too.

I would like a finish that lasts, that I get my money's worth, less maintenance the better, less chemicals the better, if Pebble does last twice as long than it would save me money. Plaster twice would be over 14k compared to Pebble once for 10k, but all things considering...

Do I HAVE to find the extra $3800 and do Pebble at all costs? Or will I be alright and be just fine with white plaster? After all, it is classic...

Thanks for your time and help.

Return to “Pool Surface Discussions”