Repainting a concrete pool

Tile, mosaic, marbelite, Marcite, Marblesheen,
fiberglass, plaster, shotcrete, paint, epoxy coatings.
Use, care and repair of the various surfaces.
prop
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby prop » Thu 15 Mar, 2012 10:40

i`m in southern mexico and have a 6 year old concrete pool.15x5x1.5 meters.when it was built they told me they where using marmolina inthe paint.this is apparently a crushed marble product that is suppose to last for ever.i didn`t think so.anyway it needs to be repainted probably within the next year.is there such a product that will extend the life of the paint job?thanks

vvelarde18

Postby vvelarde18 » Fri 06 Jul, 2012 09:59

Swimming pool finishes used to be boring and white. It doesn’t matter if you have a vinyl of gunite swimming pool. Now, you can have almost any color, pattern and of texture your heart desires. Swimming pool finishes have evolved over the years to turn the ordinary into a complete work of art. Swimming pool tiles are sometimes used in pool finishes creating visual effects such as underwater mosaics. Another highly innovative addition to the palette of surface options has been the use of special colored ceramic aggregate products. Aggregates also offer the look of a countless of pebbles worked into a concrete surface. Over the years, pebble surfaces have increased dramatically in popularity and come in a broad range of colors and color combinations. However, if you like your white plaster look, there is nothing wrong with a little touch up every now and then. That crystal blue water with really pop off that perfect white plaster pool finish. If you have a vinyl liner pool, a quick switch out of an old liner to one with a new exciting pattern can be a breath of fresh air.

http://www.swimmingpool.com/pools/pool-features/pool-finishes

Return to “Pool Surface Discussions”