cost to refinish

Tile, mosaic, marbelite, Marcite, Marblesheen,
fiberglass, plaster, shotcrete, paint, epoxy coatings.
Use, care and repair of the various surfaces.
bbbistro

cost to refinish

Postby bbbistro » Tue 29 May, 2007 21:07

Hi all... We recently bought our first home and know nothing about pools. We have a thirty or so year old gunite pool..The surface is rough and has worn spots. Also some of the tiles have begun to fall off. Does anyone know what it might cost to fix these things and could we do it ourselves? Unfortunately, neither one of us are handy nor are we well to do.

Buggsw
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Buggsw » Fri 01 Jun, 2007 01:31

I would expect to pay 3 to 6 thousand for a plaster for a 10 to 15000 gallon pool. It so depends on your area and the going rate and the size of your pool. If you want any of the newer finishes it will be more. Plaster is fine and has some advantages over the pebbly stuff (which will likely be double the cost of plaster), so don't feel apprehensive about choosing to redo with plaster instead of feeling you have to spend more.

If the pool holds water, it's more a matter of aesthetics than anything whether to replaster. You may be able to have the existing tiles fixed up for a few hundred dollars.

Postby Guest » Sun 03 Feb, 2008 20:29

I paid 3400 for krystakcrete quartz. pebble tec would have been twice that
jose rodarte

cost to refinish

Postby jose rodarte » Sun 25 Dec, 2011 20:59

bbbistro wrote:Hi all... We recently bought our first home and know nothing about pools. We have a thirty or so year old gunite pool..The surface is rough and has worn spots. Also some of the tiles have begun to fall off. Does anyone know what it might cost to fix these things and could we do it ourselves? Unfortunately, neither one of us are handy nor are we well to do.
czechmate
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: 16 x 32 gunite21000 gal., Diamond Brite Blue, Swimquip XL pump, DE36

Postby czechmate » Wed 28 Dec, 2011 17:29

Pool User wrote:I paid 3400 for krystakcrete quartz. pebble tec would have been twice that

There is basically 2 main things that influence price on the particular plaster finish.
Location of the job and the knowledge of the pool owner.
You can only modestly trim the the cost if you live in affluent neighborhood by looking longer for someone who needs the work in the slow season.
On the other hand, if you are not closely familiar with the materials, procedure, crew size and equipment requirements, you can easily end up paying double for a nightmare in your backyard.
I have written several fairly extensive comments on the subject in this forum, mostly under DiamondBrite questions or re-plaster in general.
Read them and if you have a questions ask anytime.
BTW, Pebble Tech DOES NOT cost double of quality quartz plaster and is in my opinion only maybe half as good, as far as maintenance and usage.
If you ask about prices do not forget to list the state and town, next time.
jmartini916

cost to to repair leak in pipe

Postby jmartini916 » Thu 01 Mar, 2012 20:50

Hello,
My husband and I are currently in escrow on a new home purchase. The home has a swimming pool (gunite) on the lot with pebble tech surface. We paid for a specialized pool inspection to be completed , which noted that the sellers have been neglecting the water balance and not concerned, because their selling the house.

Today, our told by Realtor that when the current sellers purchased the house in 2005, a leak was discovered in one of the pipes. This was confirmed through a pressure test.

They still purchased this home.

My husband wants them to knock down the price, by the amount of money it would cost to complete the repairs.
I'm just thinking, about the landscaping mess, the whole backyard is cement, which would have to be removed.
How much does something like this cost to repair?

Appreciate any feedback, thank you.
czechmate
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: 16 x 32 gunite21000 gal., Diamond Brite Blue, Swimquip XL pump, DE36

cost to refinish

Postby czechmate » Thu 01 Mar, 2012 22:44

Nothing will work better than a written and signed estimate from a pool repair contractor.
For you to get an idea and to have a bonafide cost estimate for the sellers agent.

Return to “Pool Surface Discussions”