Is Pebble tech a good surface?

Tile, mosaic, marbelite, Marcite, Marblesheen,
fiberglass, plaster, shotcrete, paint, epoxy coatings.
Use, care and repair of the various surfaces.
dee

Re: Is Pebble tech a good surface?

Postby dee » Fri 27 Oct, 2017 19:49

I have a plaster pool, built in 2000 so 17 years old, I purchased the home in 2007 that's 11 yrs ago. I'm not sure but it may have been replastered or it was acid washed not sure by previous owners. I have not had any problems with my plaster looks great. I recently had my water "cleaned" which is using an RO pool filtration co. That's when I really began to understand the chemical side of pool maintenance. I would not own the expensive SWG especially in AZ where cells burn up pretty quickly and expensive to replace. I understand they are marketed as a maintenance free or low maintenance so less attention is paid to the chemicals especially PH rises. My neighbor resurfaced his pool with pebble tec when I move in 2007; I just looked the fence the other day to see this really nicely designed pool and spa that must have cost quite a bit in the first place sitting empty, tile falling off the sides, pebble tec broke off of the steps....it was a horror story....they also put in a salt water generator with the pebble tec. I can't imagine how much money they spent and now to sell the home they're going to have to take a loss compared to the value with a beautiful pool. SAD.....

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Sat 28 Oct, 2017 12:22

I just remembered why I love liners
swimlikearock
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 24' round Doughboy | Hayward Cartridge Filter | Hayward 1hp Pump | Oxygen Pools Water Treatment System |

Postby swimlikearock » Tue 06 Mar, 2018 11:40

I used to clean a lot of pools and I have mixed feelings on Pebble Tech
AllWeatherPools
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: I have lots of them :)

http://allweatherpoolservice.com/

Postby AllWeatherPools » Tue 06 Mar, 2018 21:31

The stones can be a little to walk on for kids, so skip it if kids are going to be in your pool often.

Return to “Pool Surface Discussions”