What is the best way to get a dark 3M finish?

Tile, mosaic, marbelite, Marcite, Marblesheen,
fiberglass, plaster, shotcrete, paint, epoxy coatings.
Use, care and repair of the various surfaces.
NorcoPool
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby NorcoPool » Tue 26 Jun, 2007 17:58

We are in the process of finishing up our new pool construction and have run into a problem. We wanted a dark or black bottom pool both for aesthetic solar reasons. I had a black bottom pool when I was a kid and loved it.

Our contractor suggested that standard black or gray tinted plaster has a lot of inconsistency and has an increased fade over time. He suggested that we upgrade to the 3M Colorquartz system for higher durability and better color.

Now we are trying to figure out how best to achieve that darker color. The standard and premium finishes are always displayed with a white plaster base that isn't quite as dark as we had hoped. I am aware that Colorquartz can be mixed using a variety of colors and densities, but am having problems figuring out how to determine the best mixes and densities. For example, I am certain I could go to 85% additive of blue and gray and I would get a dark finish, but I have no idea how to make that determination.

Our contractor is doing a great job of trying to find pools for us to look at, but I thought there may be other thoughts here.

Thanks.

geeman
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Postby geeman » Thu 28 Jun, 2007 20:37

go heavily dyed gray to black plaster with black quartz

Return to “Pool Surface Discussions”