Rough new plaster!

Tile, mosaic, marbelite, Marcite, Marblesheen,
fiberglass, plaster, shotcrete, paint, epoxy coatings.
Use, care and repair of the various surfaces.
jamezgreen
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Kidney Pool, 5 ft. deep, no spa, no heater.

Rough new plaster!

Postby jamezgreen » Sun 12 Jul, 2020 19:58

New pool people here. :D We just paid to have our pool re-plastered, new, white plaster. We've been in the house a year and half and the plaster was in good shape since we moved in, but we redid the pool tile and so the plaster had to be done as well. Now 2 weeks after the pool has been filled, the kids and I jumped in and the plaster feels very rough. Much rougher than before! Sandpaper like. Not drawing blood from kids' fingers and toes yet, but definitely leaving our skin raw. We've been brushing the pool religiously with a nylon brush, but still have a rough surface throughout the whole pool. The builder says he's never had an issue like this and doesn't know what the problem could be. He is going to talk to our pool start-up guy about rubbing a pumice stone over the whole pool surface?? Are we being too picky? We loved our smoooth plaster before and expected it to be just that smooth with brand new plaster. Will it smooth out over time? Do we need to look into someone sanding the whole pool underwater? Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to “Pool Surface Discussions”