Pebble Cracking in several spots

Tile, mosaic, marbelite, Marcite, Marblesheen,
fiberglass, plaster, shotcrete, paint, epoxy coatings.
Use, care and repair of the various surfaces.
jeyles83
I'm new here
I'm new here

Pebble Cracking in several spots

Postby jeyles83 » Fri 15 Apr, 2022 18:13

Hello,
I could use some help to see if anyone has experienced this...
Background on our pool, it was built in late 2017 so only around 5 years old. It's inground, shotcrete and has a mini-pebble interior.

Last summer, we noticed a small crack starting at the bottom of our pool. We were concerned there was a leak so the pool company came out, did all the right tests and there was no leak. They stated we needed to contact the Pebble company. Pebble company came out and said this doesn't typically happen with their product. Long story but they just came back out to fix it (6 months later) and since then, the crack has grown, like a LOT. It's huge and has branched off in several directions. We're also seeing other areas of the pool cracking as well. Not the kind of typical cracking people on this board talk about (near their lights, drain, or return). Its in random areas on the wall, and the on the floor of the pool. Pebble guys were here today to repair. They grinded the area and noticed a LOT of water seeping from the cracks. It appears to be ground water seeping up thru the shotcrete. We blew the water out with a leaf blower but it comes right back and makes a little river going down to the deeper end of the pool.
I believe our property has a high water table as during another repair (something separate with plumbing/sprinklers), we had a whole dug in the yard and even with ZERO rain (we live in Socal), the hole was constantly full of water (like a foot of water). We do live at the bottom of a slope and during that repair, we had the HOA turn off the water on the hill above us for over 2 weeks to see if that helped the water go down in that hole. It didn't change so we know it's not that.

I guess what I'm asking is, are we screwed at this point? Is the shotcrete fixable so they can fix our pebble? Or is the ground water just going to keep pushing up and causing cracks all over the place, even if they do repair the cracks that are there now. My next call will be to the pool company obviously but was hoping I could get some info from any experts in this area on here first. So at least I go in with some back up knowledge here or know the questions to ask. I appreciate any feed back you guys have. I will try to post some photos too. Thank you very much.

Return to “Pool Surface Discussions”