metal brush in pebble tech?

Tile, mosaic, marbelite, Marcite, Marblesheen,
fiberglass, plaster, shotcrete, paint, epoxy coatings.
Use, care and repair of the various surfaces.
needhelp

metal brush in pebble tech?

Postby needhelp » Tue 11 Sep, 2007 10:45

I have some serious algae breakout at the center of a pebble tech surfaced pool. Is it safe to use a metal brush? The normal one doesn't seem to do anything anymore

mr_clean
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby mr_clean » Tue 11 Sep, 2007 18:23

what color is the algae? Are you sure it is algae as it should not be hard to scrub it unless it's black algae.
needhelp

Postby needhelp » Tue 11 Sep, 2007 18:28

yea, i think it's black. I read somewhere b4 that black algae has this protective layer on top that makes them hard to remove. I tried scrubbing the spot several times, but it wouldn't come off.

so it the brush safe or not?
mr_clean
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby mr_clean » Tue 11 Sep, 2007 18:45

metal brush yes

you can doa test to make sure it's black algae by taking a chlorine tab and rubbing spot and then letting it sit on top for a few hours. If it does nothing it's not algae it's mineral/metal problem.

for this you can take 1/2lb ph reducer and put in white sock and let it sit on top, should start removing it. Then start using a metal remover agent to help in future.
forrest gump

Postby forrest gump » Sat 13 Oct, 2007 11:28

I'd be careful about setting a chlorine tab on the surface of your pebble finish. The acid of the tablet will leave a nice dark spot if left on too long. Use the tab to scrub it to minimize the effect it will have on your finish. Letting it sit is a recipe for disaster. JMHO

Return to “Pool Surface Discussions”