Pebble Tec Delamination

Tile, mosaic, marbelite, Marcite, Marblesheen,
fiberglass, plaster, shotcrete, paint, epoxy coatings.
Use, care and repair of the various surfaces.
azpoolowner
I'm new here
I'm new here

Pebble Tec Delamination

Postby azpoolowner » Fri 04 Apr, 2008 11:28

I have had Pebble Tec delaminating from the steps and bench in my Spa starting 6 years after construction of the pool. It was around that time that I noticed a blister in the bottom of the pool. I showed the blister to my pool builder and they recommended leaving it alone. The builder was also shown cracking of the rolled bond beam as early as 1 year after construction. Builder stated that no repair will be made until cracks are the thickness of a dime. Since then the Pebble Tec in the Spa has continued to delaminate again on the bench and the original repair to the Spa step has failed and is delaminating again.

My pool is a little over 10 years.

We recently drained the pool and discovered many areas where the Pebble Tec has delaminated from the steps, benches, and especially on the rolled bond beam. I read in another forum that Pebble Tec no longer warranties Pebble Tec applied outside of water.

The Pebble Tec was applied over a faitly smooth gunite surface. I was also told by a tech that works for my pool company that they have since changed their application standards and now rough up the gunite surface for a better bond with the Pebble Tec.

Do I have a case with my Pool Builder to completly redo this terrible job or at least fix the delamination areas?

geeman
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Pebble Tec Delamination

Postby geeman » Thu 10 Apr, 2008 17:51

No.
azpoolowner
I'm new here
I'm new here

Pebble Tec Delamination

Postby azpoolowner » Mon 14 Apr, 2008 09:57

I'm curious as to why you don't think the PB should be responsible to make the repairs?

Especially since the delamination occurred while the pool was under warranty and everyone I have talked to in the PB industry has never heard of this much delamination in a pool that was 7-8 years old when the
delamination was documented to the PB?

Return to “Pool Surface Discussions”