Pebble Tech

Tile, mosaic, marbelite, Marcite, Marblesheen,
fiberglass, plaster, shotcrete, paint, epoxy coatings.
Use, care and repair of the various surfaces.
gsnider520
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 18,000 Gallon, Pebble Tech, Salt Chlorinator

Pebble Tech

Postby gsnider520 » Wed 09 Sep, 2009 00:56

I live in the Tucson Area. Where can I buy Pebble Tech to make my own repairs? My pool is 10 years old and I now, after reading from this site, realize that Pebble Tech on a rolled edge is not a good idea. I have a couple of spots where large (1 foot) sections have cracked and separated from the underlying cement. I'm very handy with materials of this type, but can't find anyone who will sell me the material to make my own repair?

geeman
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Pebble Tech

Postby geeman » Thu 17 Sep, 2009 08:52

you must be a certified PebbleTec installer in order to get materials.
JoeQ
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 27,000 gallon, in-ground, pebbletec, 2 hp, sand filter

Pebble Tech

Postby JoeQ » Sun 20 Jun, 2010 17:09

I could have written that question. I too live in Tucson and have a rolled edge of PebbleTec on my 10 year old pool that is starting to crumble badly. Let me know what you figure out.

I've been thinking of tearing it out entirely, which would he expensive. Repair would be a nice short term solution.

I've been saving up the bits of PebbleTEc. Been thinking of grinding it up and mixing it with mortar or caulk of some kind. So far the results don't turn out very nice.

Pebble Tech

Postby Guest » Fri 03 Jun, 2011 21:06

There are a few companies that have it now for diy applications. They are Pool Patch in Phoenix, and AM Corsons sells kit also, but costs more. One other brand of kit is called EZ-Patch, you just need to google it.
allclearpools
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Pebble Tech

Postby allclearpools » Tue 29 Nov, 2011 17:35

Have fun. It is a learning experience but it is really not too hard to apply and expose correctly. Just make sure your rinse water can run away from your work area. If there's no slope, there's no hope. lol

Return to “Pool Surface Discussions”