Would you take on a client with a painted pool?

Tile, mosaic, marbelite, Marcite, Marblesheen,
fiberglass, plaster, shotcrete, paint, epoxy coatings.
Use, care and repair of the various surfaces.
BahamaPoolCleaner
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby BahamaPoolCleaner » Tue 10 Nov, 2009 18:19

this is directed to pool professionals in the biz.

I took on a painted pool but every time I brush it the paint comes off and ends up on the DE filter elements. which then need cleaning.

this is a marcite pool that has been painted with blue paint.

should I stick to clients with just unpainted marcite pools? seems like a better idea. I'm a one man business. I used to maintain pools for a large pool company over here but it's been 20 year since I did and its really hard remembering what i used to do. its coming back slowly. but I do remember marcite painted pools were a head ache.

Postby Guest » Sat 14 Nov, 2009 10:09

We quote maintenance on a pool by pool basis. A high-demand pool like this should cost the owner more in maintenance in order for the service pro to do the job well.

The alternative is to convince the owners to repair or redo the surface, which would mean an initial higher investment followed by regular service fees. :wink:
BahamaPoolCleaner
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby BahamaPoolCleaner » Fri 27 Nov, 2009 09:31

Pool User wrote:We quote maintenance on a pool by pool basis. A high-demand pool like this should cost the owner more in maintenance in order for the service pro to do the job well.

The alternative is to convince the owners to repair or redo the surface, which would mean an initial higher investment followed by regular service fees. :wink:

Thanks for the reply.

I actually just took over another pool. a very old one with broken tiles. I'll just be doing the cleaning and backwashing but I'm not doing chemicals until they retile the pool. was this a good call? I know there will be lots of problems and chemical use to keep this pool algae free...if thats possible. I figured I could always balance it later for an additional charge.
Larry
Pool Forums Admin
My Pool: Pool Pro
Exclusively tiled concrete pools

Would you take on a client with a problem pool?

Postby Larry » Fri 27 Nov, 2009 10:56

I actually just took over another pool. a very old one with broken tiles. I'll just be doing the cleaning and backwashing but I'm not doing chemicals

We tried this in the past. We found that if we distanced ourselves from the chemicals we ended up doing way more brushing and vacuuming to try keep the pool looking clean. And when the water balance inevitably collapsed due to bad water chemistry, we always got "blamed".

We no longer make regular cleaning contracts if we have no control of the chemicals. If the customer wants a cleaning service we charge per visit and stay well away from any binding agreements.

Larry

Return to “Pool Surface Discussions”