FL Pool Concern

Tile, mosaic, marbelite, Marcite, Marblesheen,
fiberglass, plaster, shotcrete, paint, epoxy coatings.
Use, care and repair of the various surfaces.
Carolezarm

FL Pool Concern

Postby Carolezarm » Tue 29 Jun, 2010 14:04

We bought a house that had a fibertec in-ground pool. It was installed apx. 8 years ago. We have a crack down one side and a "bubble" on the service. We do not think water is leaking from the crack.
We are looking into either fixing this or installing a new pool. I'm not fond of the pebbletec and I'm not happy with our fibertec b/c of the crack and bubble after only a few years.
Can the crack and/or bubble be due to the ph level being off or any other chemical imbalance?
Can anyone tell me what are the pros and cons of each type of pool are.
I'm so over having a pool!

floridapooltech
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: License # CPO34-283076

FL Pool Concern

Postby floridapooltech » Mon 02 Aug, 2010 16:08

as far as pool finishes go, there are many factors to choose.

Fiberglass:

less costly compared to pebbletec or quartz, however, after about 5 years, you will start noticing a breakdown process of the resin. Also, Fiberglass is prone to a number of stains the other finishes will not have.

Marcite:

also, less costly compared to pebbletec or quarts, hoever, will show signs of wear after 5-10 years (chips, deterioration)

Quartz:

costly, however, lasts between 15-20 years before any noticeable wear on the surface. Also, there are many colors and styles to choose from!

Pebbletec:

The most costly, however it will also last between 15-20 years before any noticeable wear or missing stones. As with quartz, this also comes in many different colors.
dennisc352
I'm new here
I'm new here

FL Pool Concern

Postby dennisc352 » Sun 29 Aug, 2010 14:14

If you have the fibertech finish thats going bad it can be refinished back to a masonary type product like Diamond brite.Ive done it dozens of times in the tampabay pasco county area. It is very important to use the bonding agent if you are going to do this, If you need any advice on this call me @ 727-858-8708
Dennis C :wave:

Return to “Pool Surface Discussions”