New pump needed

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
crazy5
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 42 ft by 20ft in ground mosaic lined pool. Waterco heat pump

New pump needed

Postby crazy5 » Thu 25 May, 2017 16:43

I have an old pool with issues! There are only 2 working outlets , one is the sump and one other. This means that the pump has to work extra hard to circulate the 33,000 gallons of water and it has just given up , just as we are in a heatwave - so typical. Anyway I would like some advice about the best pump to replace it with and wondered if anybody had opinions on the best brand and what hp i should go for. I know at least 1hp . Would it be worth going for 1.5hp? Budget is tight but at the same time, I don't want to get a cheapone that cant cope with the poor pipework and volume of water . Any help greatly appreciated.

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: New pump needed

Postby Denniswiseman » Fri 26 May, 2017 10:55

Your pump should be matched to your filter as excess flow through it will end up with poor filtration. So check the gallons per minute for your filter and match a pump for it
A varispeed or a two speed pump are considered best to go for as they will reduce your electricty usage, some companies are offering a rebate
I'm afraid I don't have any other information that I can help with

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”