Replacing PVC piping in rough location

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
Matt2369
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 12k gallons
Haward TriStar vs pump
Purechlor system 15k salt cell

Replacing PVC piping in rough location

Postby Matt2369 » Sun 19 Jan, 2020 10:51

Hello,
Me and my wife just recently moved into our new how about 10 days ago, this is the first pool we've ever worked on and it's been a bit of a handful but I think we are finally getting the hang of it! I was able to troubleshoot our purechlor system that had a few system failures and even had to change out the salt cell that the titanium plates were completely eroded. Now I've noticed the pump is starting to suck air. I've pinpointed it to the PVC piping right before the pool pump. My question is that since they alll seem like there are connection pieces how would I remove the pvc piping going into the pump? I know I have to replace the whole section going up to the pump but any help with this would be great. I got tasked with a short notice deployment and want to get this done for my wife before I leave so it's one less thing to worry about. Thanks!

I've attached a picture, the arrow is where the system is sucking air.

[url][/url]
https://www.flickr.com/photos/186541006 ... res/0Y750t

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Replacing PVC piping in rough location

Postby Denniswiseman » Mon 20 Jan, 2020 06:07

That looks horrendous to re-pipe which would be the normal way to go, plus you would need a new pump union
Try puting some more adhesive around it and wrap an open weave bandage round adding more adhesive as you go

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”