Spa Bubbler Overheats

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
stevetothink
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Leisure Pool Ultimate 35, Sand filter, Salt Water

Spa Bubbler Overheats

Postby stevetothink » Sat 21 Nov, 2020 14:18

Our pool installer can't seem to get this right. We have an in-ground spa connected to our pool about 30 feet from the bubbler for the spa. The installer finally realized we needed a hartford loop and a check valve on the bubbler. However, the bubbler still overheats after 3 or 4 minutes of use. I'm wondering if the check valve they used requires too much air to keep it open, resulting in overheating. I read somewhere that specific check valves should be used for bubblers otherwise they could overheat. Problem is that I don't know anything about check valve types. Here's a link to a photo of the check valve. Does anyone know if this is the wrong type for a bubbler? Also, if I have a hartford loop then do I even need a check valve?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pxkbZJ ... sp=sharing

Thanks,
Steve

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Spa Bubbler Overheats

Postby Teapot » Sun 22 Nov, 2020 02:15

Completely wrong a sprung NR valve, the Hartford loop should be fine
stevetothink
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Leisure Pool Ultimate 35, Sand filter, Salt Water

Postby stevetothink » Wed 25 Nov, 2020 08:54

Thanks for the reply. I'm gonna take that check valve out of the line and see if the overheat problem is resolved.
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Wed 25 Nov, 2020 14:38

All spa blowers get hot and usually cut out when to hot but how quickly that occurs is going to be of interest so waiting for your result.

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”