230v pump?

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
NewDIYPool
I'm new here
I'm new here

230v pump?

Postby NewDIYPool » Fri 11 Nov, 2022 23:40

Hello,

I'm building a pool in Europe (230v).
I started looking into pumps and I realized that unlike what I initially thought, that all pool equipment must run on low voltage, most pumps are 230v.

Is that safe? what is preventing people in the water from being electrocuted if current reaches the water?

Are this type of pumps:
https://www.amazon.de/WilTec-28800-Swimming-Filter-Circulation/dp/B00TIHJ69C/

safe to use?
Do they have any kind of protection against electrocution?

Thank you!

Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: 230v pump?

Postby Teapot1 » Mon 14 Nov, 2022 15:56

All circuits will be protected (and the people in the pool) by the RCD 30ma circuit breaker.
Onto that pump, its pretty power hungry and do you really need the potential 28m3/h ? I think not and how larger filter will you have. Consider that whatever the stated flow through the filter by the manufacturer you should half because that is nearer to what you'll get. So pretty much anything above that flow rate wise will be a large electricity bill and higher system pressure which is a waste of electricity and lower water quality.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Tue 15 Nov, 2022 02:50

I've only seen mains voltage swimming pool pumps
Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Postby Teapot1 » Tue 15 Nov, 2022 02:57

There are low voltage pumps and solar pumps but this chap showed a German advert and Europe has millions of mains voltage pumps before you consider 415 v 3 phase more commercial versions still not an issue. Far more of an issue is the mis matching of pump to filter and expected flow rate.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”