Aquatach fns 48

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
bRaider
I'm new here
I'm new here

Aquatach fns 48

Postby bRaider » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 21:30

I am in a pickle. I bought my house a couple of years ago. The house is about 10 years old and has a pool. I need to buy some new DE filter grids but I cannot find what parts I need to buy. The filter is an Aquatech fns 48. That is all I can find on the outside of the tank. There is no other name at all that I can see. I guess Aquatech is no longer in existence because I can't find anything on line about the company or where I can order parts. I even have a part number for the grids. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ronjon

Aquatech FNS DE filter

Postby ronjon » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 03:02

The FNS is made by Pentair and the user manual is here.
This is the detailed parts list.
There are hundreds of Pentair dealers who either stock the parts or can get them for you, so try your favorite one first.
czechmate
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: 16 x 32 gunite21000 gal., Diamond Brite Blue, Swimquip XL pump, DE36

Aquatach fns 48

Postby czechmate » Tue 15 Mar, 2011 09:46

You can order grids for FNS48 on poolcenter.com
Couple of hints. After you remove clamp on the tank and take down the top half of the filter dome, do not take of the top center nut. It hold all the grids engaged in manifolds.Instead carefully wiggle out the assembly of the large 2'' feeder pipe. (There is an "O" ring, that should be cleaned and lubricated).
Set the whole assembly on ground and take pictures how it was put together.
There is ONE SHORTER ELEMENT with a designated place! This is where the big riser comes through.
The easier way to assemble this, is to do it upside down.
There is a instruction booklet, but not very good. Good luck.
One more thing of caution.
Do not let anyone to talk you into switching from DE to a different media now on the market. It is junk.

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”