Please help! hayward ec-40 & pump suction issues!

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
DARRYL

Postby DARRYL » Thu 12 May, 2011 16:22

My pressure is about normal running stong at 16 to 18psi but after 20mins or so it will climb to solid 20psi and i seem to lose suction and i get less flow. If i bump it it will start the process all over again. I have been doing it all day also notice my pump seems to be hotter than normal. is it possible that i didnt do a good enough job cleaning them filter tubes or is my pump going bad. again i am not losing pressure in the filter but my flow in and out drops like crazy! My first pool so any help would be great and i am 1 of them do everything myself kind of guys...THANKS

TheGrimmReaper
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 24' round above ground w/Hayward ec-40 DE filter

Postby TheGrimmReaper » Thu 12 May, 2011 16:40

DARRYL wrote:My pressure is about normal running stong at 16 to 18psi but after 20mins or so it will climb to solid 20psi and i seem to lose suction and i get less flow. If i bump it it will start the process all over again. I have been doing it all day also notice my pump seems to be hotter than normal. is it possible that i didnt do a good enough job cleaning them filter tubes or is my pump going bad. again i am not losing pressure in the filter but my flow in and out drops like crazy! My first pool so any help would be great and i am 1 of them do everything myself kind of guys...THANKS

I am a noob i posted this with out signing in.....lol

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”