Jacuzzi 190L Filter Leak

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
JayDial
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 10K Kidney. Jacuzzi 190L, Polaris 360.

Jacuzzi 190L Filter Leak

Postby JayDial » Thu 07 Jul, 2011 14:02

Hello,

I just installed a new filter valve, replaced the sand and laterals, installed new gasket between valve and body. I was hoping I would finally have this thing running smoothly again and now I have a leak where I dont think there is a gasket. Im hoping its caused by air being in the system, but i have no idea. Thanks for your help.

Justin

TSH Tech

Jacuzzi 190L Filter Leak

Postby TSH Tech » Fri 08 Jul, 2011 03:52

:crazy: Ugg, it had to be that one. It's the part that doesn't unbolt, there's a seal between the tank and the backwash valve assembly base, or 'dial valve' as Jacuzzi refers to it. The entire base cap unscrews from the tank.

You're going to need some big Channel lock pliers or pipe wrench that opens to the diameter of the valve. The tricky part is that the pliers or wrench can easily mar the plastic base, so have some rags handy as a buffer might prevent the steel teeth from digging into the plastic.

With the pump OFF and the tank at 0 psi. See if you can tighten the base first. Tighten it just a little more snug, do not torque it down! It's only plastic! Turn the pump on and see if the leak has stopped.
If not, and it's still leaking, you got to change the O-ring underneath. With the pump off, unscrew that base part from the tank with the pliers or wrench. When you get the valve base unscrewed, you'll see the O-ring.

Note: Unless Jacuzzi specs say otherwise, typically it's advisable to coat the threads and O-ring with a thin layer of pool lube, so that if there ever is a next time to get back in there, unscrewing the base from the tank goes smooth. As a pool tech, I prefer to use Boss Pool & Spa 820 Lube for sand filter cap threads.

Diagram
JayDial
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 10K Kidney. Jacuzzi 190L, Polaris 360.

Jacuzzi 190L Filter Leak

Postby JayDial » Fri 08 Jul, 2011 10:48

Excellent. Thanks for the feedback. I think I probably loosed a little when i was getting the unions lined up. I will see if can reverse that and then go from there if that doesnt work.

Thanks a lot

Justin
patriciathore
I'm new here
I'm new here

Jacuzzi 190L Filter Leak

Postby patriciathore » Thu 04 Aug, 2011 23:11

I think you should change you filter. It will ruin your pond if you will change your filter.
"All good writing is swimming under water and holding your breath."

Swimming Pool Filter | Swimming Pool Pumps
chjr

Jacuzzi 190L Filter Leak

Postby chjr » Tue 09 Aug, 2011 02:18

I have same problem, 190l; jacuzzi laser; how did yours turn out?

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”