The most strangest problem ;(

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
uzishotz
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Sand filter

Postby uzishotz » Thu 21 Jul, 2011 20:53

hello everyone, I am new to the forums. I didnt clean my pool for like 3 weeks and now when I go to clean it the water level is lower. So I let the water run until its half way up the skimmer. I go to the pump and open up the lid because it had lost its prime. When I open the lid, the water is dark red and smells awful. I tried to backwash and just wont shoot the water out the back. I cant get the pump to get prime again. When I back wash the water just drains inside somewhere leaving just a little bit of the dirty red water. and when I turn the system off the red dirty water just returns and refills the pump. The system is really hot. the pool if green.

I have tried everything to make the pump regain prime but still nothing works. I CANT EVEN BACKWASH!!

Also, what I'm really wondering is how the heck i can drain the water thats in the pump atm???

this is a very strange problem

Specs: Sand filter and inground, outdoor pool.

I have tried to put water in the pump, and to put the hose directly in the skimmer. The thing I find strangest is the nasty smelly red water.

PLEASE HELPPP!!!!

Fltech
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Working in it. Hoping to start this winter when we slow down a little. But looking for advice.

Postby Fltech » Thu 28 Jul, 2011 22:03

This is. Strange problem, could be a problem with pump, filter, or multi-port valve. Sadly the best this I can suggest for. Problem this bizarre is to call a pool pro to get the problem resolved quickly and correctly.

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”