How to turn on Hayward filter

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.

Postby Guest » Sun 08 Jul, 2012 08:20

I know nothing about pools so this is probably a stupid question but how do you turn a pool filter on? My dad is away (internationally so I can't reach him) and he said to run the filter every day. He said there was a switch but I can't find anything other than 2 handles. One is on the big tall round barrel looking thing. The handle on the top is turned to "filter" the other options are: recirculate, waste, closed, rinse, backwash. It is a Hayward Vari-Pro valve filter. this is attached to a Hayward Power-Flo LX, which is attached to another handle that that is blue and can be turned to 3 open positions and one closed position, all of which are written in yellow. This part has a few hoses connected to it. Help!

TSH Tech

Postby TSH Tech » Sun 08 Jul, 2012 18:44

Look on the Hayward Power-Flo LX looking thing. There is a black cylinder looking part on it. Attached to that is a grey hose looking thingy. Follow that grey hose to what looks like some rectangle metal boxes looking things. Or, it could be a big white box. Or possibly, some other kind of metal box. If its not a grey hose and looks more like a black cord, follow it to one of those boxes I mentioned. Anyways, that grey hose or cord looks like it might attach to some sort of electrical type connection to a "switch" that actually might say OFF or ON. Once you find that, you should be in business.

Postby Guest » Mon 09 Jul, 2012 07:46

Thank you so much!!!! :d

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”