Help

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
inshore dave
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: I have an 11000 gal pool. It has a 1 1/2 hp motor/pump and a Hayward filter system.

Help

Postby inshore dave » Sun 07 Jul, 2013 08:35

I have an 11000 gal pool with a 1 1/2 hp pump and a Hayward filter system. It's about 10 years old.

I've been having problems with green/off-colored water. After chemical treatment (shocks, chlorine and algaecide treatments) the pool will turn clear and blue. After about a week, it would turn off-colored again. This has been going on for several (about 2) months now. But that's another problem in and of itself.

So after talking to the pool guys at the store we buy our stuff at, it was suggested that we empty our pool and acid wash it. So we started emptying it and shut it down for the evening while it still had about half the water in it.

We went out this morning to start re-dumping the water again and lost the prime. After several hours, we could not get it primed. So this is our problem. It was pumping fine yesterday but nothing today. We're ready to fill the pool in with concrete and chalk it up to bad luck.

We need some guidance, advice, etc. Please someone help!!!!!!!

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”