Trouble identifying part!

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
Grimian
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Pool is 9m x 3m. Fibreglass pool surrounded by stone paving and covered with an aluminium abri with sides that are openable. Pump is Astralpool; filter is the same (I think!)

Trouble identifying part!

Postby Grimian » Fri 17 Jan, 2014 06:05

Hi, this is my first post so hope someone out there can help me. Please forgive me in advance if my technical vocabulary is somewhat lacking!

I have an Astralpool PH meter that feeds acid via a small tube to a plastic circular chamber (approx 8" diameter) which returns to the pool. Just after this chamber is the feed for the Javel (Bleach) The chamber is under pressure and has a split lid which is shooting pool water everywhere when the pump is switched on. I tried to glue it as a temporary measure but it would not hold as there must be some flexibility in the plastic and the glue will not allow for this.

Unfortunately I had to leave the pool unfiltered as it is in France and I had to come back to England for a few weeks. The trouble is that I need to know what the part is so I can source a replacement. The lid has an attachment for the acid feed and an earth cable attached to the centre with what looks like a metal probe protruding into the water. (The probe is about the size of a lipstick) There are no other connections to it.

I have a photo of the lid (attached). It must have been sourced in France as there is a sticker on it which states 'Humidificateur de Terre' which literally translated is 'Earth Humidifier' but I am no closer to knowing what that is!

Please can someone put me out of my misery?! Thanks in advance.
Attachments
Split lid.jpg
Split lid.jpg (70.13 KiB) Viewed 794 times

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”