too much presure in skimmer

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
Stallion

too much presure in skimmer

Postby Stallion » Mon 10 Jul, 2006 22:55

The skimmer has way too much presure. When the basket and float valve (for lack of not knowing the proper term for the thing under the basket) are removed there is way too much presure and the water is sucked dry in the skimmer. Have tried adjusting valves at the pump with no luck. Any ideas?

Guy

Re: too much presure in skimmer

Postby Guy » Sat 22 Jul, 2006 02:09

I am having the exact same problem. When the float valve is in the pressure is so great that it slams shut and does not skim. When it is out the pressure sucks the skimmer dry. Have you found a solution yet?

Stallion wrote:The skimmer has way too much presure. When the basket and float valve (for lack of not knowing the proper term for the thing under the basket) are removed there is way too much presure and the water is sucked dry in the skimmer. Have tried adjusting valves at the pump with no luck. Any ideas?
Walter
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby Walter » Mon 24 Jul, 2006 07:32

water level in pool to the middle of the skimmer? DO you have a main drain? DO you have any valves for the main drain and skimmer?
We are a custom pool and spa builder. We can only offer suggestions with the information given. Don't hesitate to email me if you have a questions and I will answer it as best as I can or point you in the right direction.

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”