Pentair Pump Question

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
aee156
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: I have a in ground 6ft deep 12000 gallon pool

Pentair Pump Question

Postby aee156 » Thu 04 Aug, 2016 12:46

Hello, I made my question into a video so you can see more clearly what my question is, please click on youtube link to view and thanks for any help!
Video below
https://youtu.be/ZM1vP--Hrn8

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Pentair Pump Question

Postby Denniswiseman » Thu 04 Aug, 2016 14:57

Are your returns working correctly?
Is the pump strainer basket full of water all the time?
When you put the cleaner on does it stop after a while and stop coming out of the returns?
It may be an air leak through the pump strainer basket lid "O" ring, lubricate it with silicon grease or Vaseline
duckman

Postby duckman » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 15:04

Your video isn't showing me much air coming in, just turbulence from the flow of water which appears to be aimed at the surface of the water. That's normal. Maybe your video just isn't clear enough for me to discern air bubbles but I'm not seeing any. There is a union fitting at the front of your pump. You may want to check to be sure the fitting is tight, but DO NOT overtighten it. There is a rubber "o" ring that can be damaged by overtightening. FYI, I have 18 years experience as a builder/service tech.
aee156
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: I have a in ground 6ft deep 12000 gallon pool

Postby aee156 » Mon 08 Aug, 2016 18:56

Thanks for your help! I put the silicone on the lid rubber ring. I also checked the union fitting and all seems to be fine. Thanks guys.

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”