pool pump starts/stops (strange)

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
Rockman59
I'm new here
I'm new here

pool pump starts/stops (strange)

Postby Rockman59 » Sat 13 May, 2017 17:52

My main pool pump has starting acting very strangely. When it comes on in the morning it will work for about an hour delivering plenty of water to the spa which then dumps into the pool. Then the water into the spa suddenly will slow to a trickle and stay that way until I turn the pump off with the indoor remote and then turn it back on. It will then pump normally for anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 hours...then go back to putting out a very weak flow into the spa which then just dribbles into the pool. The pump is running but not much water is being sent to the spa and then into the pool. The in-pump filter is clean, I can see the water coming into the filter basket thru the plexiglass top...everything looks and sounds normal. The large main filter has been recently cleaned....there is plenty of water in the system and main pool. The pump is about a year old and has been working fine. It seems somewhere between the output of the pump and the input of the spa something is not right. Any ideas as to what is causing this problem?

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: pool pump starts/stops (strange)

Postby Denniswiseman » Sun 14 May, 2017 03:23

You have posted this on TFP, I suggest you stay with it there as you are more likely to get a satisfactory resolution if you do as they say

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”