Can you name/identify this pool filter system?

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
jdey
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Commercial pool. Marcite. 35K gallons. Unknown multi cartridge pit setup.

Can you name/identify this pool filter system?

Postby jdey » Fri 21 Jul, 2017 18:39

I am an apartment maintenance technician and have been comfortable working on pools until today. I have always worked with DE filter pits with round or rectangular grids. Today I was asked to help with a pool that had a round pit with many, maybe 3/4 or 1/2 inch PVC "spikes" coming up from the bottom. These "spikes" were threaded at the top and capped. Below each cap were 2 small cartridges stacked on top of each other that looked like you would see in an inline water filter for a home faucet. There were tens of these "spikes". I have looked everywhere on line and can't find a thing. I just want a name so I can search for info on how to maintain it. Maybe it's home made or something? Imagine a pit you dig with spikes in the bottom to trap and kill animals... Any help to find info about this would be greatly appreciated!!

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Can you name/identify this pool filter system?

Postby Denniswiseman » Sat 22 Jul, 2017 04:44

I suggest you post on www.troublefreepool.com with images as you are more likely to get a sensible response there

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”