Pump runs good then high vacuum after an hour

Pool pumps, pool filters and the plumbing of
swimming pools. Sand filters, cartridge filters,
fabric filters and alternative filter media.
DThela
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 20x40 vinyl liner

Pump runs good then high vacuum after an hour

Postby DThela » Wed 13 Jun, 2018 12:38

No air leaks (pump is under vacuum) skimmer clean pipes clean, Pump primes up no air bubbles but after a while pump has only 1/2 basket of water. Yes the filter was backwashed. If I'm just pumping from the skimmer how could I get a vacuum in the line and pump??????? The bottom strainer was blocked off by previous owner due to leak in line. They put the new liner right over it I guess because there's no grate. When I start the pump I get good flow through skimmer and good flow through return jets. Even when I shut the pump off when it is half full of water it takes a while for the vacuum to break so I can open pump strainer cover. HELP ME!!!!!!!! AHHH LOL

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Pump runs good then high vacuum after an hour

Postby Denniswiseman » Wed 13 Jun, 2018 12:49

Please don't make multiple posts on the same subject as it can be confusing. I have already answered your previous post
DThela
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby DThela » Wed 13 Jun, 2018 19:26

What previous post, I replied to one other poster, and frankly the answer you replied to didn't fit my circumstances so i'd like other opinions. Can you replace the answers to MY post thank you
DThela
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby DThela » Wed 13 Jun, 2018 19:31

You said an air leak, and as I said there is none when the pump initially starts up. And that the pumps has a vacuum even when the pump is shut off. If there was a leak even small the vacuum wouldn't be there after a few minutes with the pump off and the pump basket half empty. Shouldn't it backflow out of the filter and fill the pump basket? Just asking you don't have to trample me on my first post on here!

Return to “Pool Pumps, Filters, Plumbing & Piping”